How will this help your students grow?
Engagement– Students will be engaged the ENTIRE time you are learning about the beach and ocean and working with the theme!
Integrated– All subjects will have lessons relating to the beach. You will teach math, science, social studies, and reading all with the same theme!
Rigor– These activities are higher level and really make your kids think deeply.
Low Prep– Almost all activities are print and go!
-Teacher guide for extra guidance on what to prep, and how to use each activity with your students!
1. 6 Reading Rotation Activities (Listen to Reading, Comprehension Close Reading, Inferencing Mini Book + Lesson, Word Work, Beach Writing Prompts
2. Magic School Bus Shark Escape Book Companion Activities
3. Mentor Text Lesson with How to Code a Sandcastle
4. Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach Companion Activities
5. Context Clues Partner Project
Writing & Grammar Activities
1. Personal Narrative Beach Day Writing
2. Affixes Beach Ball Activity + Color-by-Code Worksheet
1. Math Review Game
2. Word Problem Race
3. Elapsed Time
4. Design a Beach (area and perimeter practice)
5. Fractions Beach Activity
6. Multiplication & Division Beach Jokes
Science & Social Studies Activities
1. Continents & Oceans
2. Google Maps Mapping Activity
3. Dissolve a Shell Acid Experiment
4. Build a Sandcastle STEM Challenge
5. Magic School Bus Note-taking
The Friendly Teacher