This is a full unit for the novel Because of Winn-Dixie. In the unit you will find:
1. A chapter layout with what skill you should teach in every two chapters chapter
2. Discussion questions for each chapter
3. Skill “work page” for each chapter. These pages can be projected to work on as a whole class or printed for your students to work on.
4. A quiz for every four chapters
5. Answer Keys for all quizzes
6. Final Skill Sheets
7. A Final Test
8. Many projects choices so your kids can show their learning!
The skills discussed in this novel are:
- Character Visualization
- Text Connections
- Situation & Reaction
- Point of View
- Cause & Effect
- Moral of the Story
- Asking Questions (research)
- Problem & Solution
- Main Idea & Detail
- Compare & Contrast
What are others saying?
Buyer- “So awesome! I used this for our homeschool co-op and the kids loved the activities”
Mallory- “This resource was great to use during our novel. Students worked on their RACE method in order to answer fully. The quizzes were quick, yet meaningful.”
Katie- “Great novel study! This had everything I wanted, and the kids enjoyed it! Thanks!”