The end of the school year is a powerful time for teachers and students! I love doing so many fun activities for the end of the school year. In my final week or two, I like to have themed days that are filled with all sorts of fun! Below I am going to talk about the themes I like to use and what I like to do with those themes!
End of the Year STEM Day
I am not sure about your students, but mine LOVE STEM! When we can do a STEM project their eyes light up in excitement.
So, in order to take all that love, a classroom end of the year activity that I always do is STEM projects!
- Read Mrs. McBloom, Clean Up Your Classroom! by Kelly Dipucchio and have the students create a plan for how to better run your classroom in the following year. (Win-win because you usually get great ideas!)
- Easy end of the year activity- Have kids make a new classroom design for you next year!
- Egg Drop- This has to be my FAVORITE! The students create a contraption out of recycled materials so their egg doesn’t break when dropped! I like to drop it off the second story window or even the roof if I can!
- Try a new website- Give the kids a bunch of new websites to try out!
- Amusement Park- Use cups, plates, tape, cardboard, and any other items and allow them to create an amusement park ride! Bring toy cars or little toy people to ride!
Summer Vacation Day
One great idea for an end of the school year activity that is academic is Summer Vacation Day! On this day, I take the students to every continent! They learn about each continent in a new way and learn so many new things! All while staying fully engaged!
- North America- Have the kiddos research somewhere they want their parents to take them on vacation that summer and then make a proposal to send to them!
- South America- Teach them about the Amazon River and then have them create a boat that would float on it!
- Asia- Have them watch this video on Mount Everest and then ask them to do a writing prompt about why they would want to climb it or not!
- Africa- This end of the year activity is SO fun! Have them read about different animals you would see on a safari and then they become safari guides and do a tour through the safari!
At the end of the year, all the kids want to do is play and chat with their friends! One perfect way to do that is by hosting a game day!
- Board Game Tournament- Have the kiddos bring in a board game from home and host a tournament!
- Make your Own Game- Let the students create their own board or card game!
- Play a Weird Game- Give them just a list of directions to a game and then have them figure out how to play it!
Goodbye Friend Day
Goodbye friend day is a classroom activity for the end of the year where you find ways that the kids get to say goodbye to one another and the classroom in a meaningful way!
- Make a Yearbook- Find a free digital one here!
- Goodbye Song- Create a classroom song.
- Award Show for Each Other- Take your typical awards at the end of the year and make them more meaningful! Instead of you choosing an award for the student, the students will choose an award for each other.
- Summer Note- Put all the names of the students in a cup. Then, each kid draws one. They write a note and seal it in an envelope for the other student to open sometime over the summer.
Now one classroom end of the year activity that you can’t miss out on is a party! So, instead of just doing a party, why not turn it into a whole party day?!
- Create a Dream Party- Let the kids create their own party, make decorations, and go through with it!
- Switch Sides If- You will read the card that says “Switch sides if….” The students will switch sides if they agree with that thing and stay if they don’t.
- End of the Year Scavenger Hunt- In my end of the year unit I provided a scavenger hunt where you can go around the school and reminisce about the year.
Want a FREE day?! I have a digital beach day already planned for you! This is a great way to start out the week! Put some fun decor around and grab your computers to pretend you’re on the beach!
Want all these activities prepped and ready to go?! Grab it here!